Saturday, October 29, 2011

Library Shenanigans

Most of you know that I work as a security guard in the BYU library. I love my job. One because I work with awesome people. and Two because I get to watch people all day. Who doesn't love people watching?

Some days we see some pretty funny people and things. Maybe they are just funny to me and fellow guards? Library humor I know. Anyway...so I am working today (Saturday is the day might I add) from 730-130. Yeah, why I chose a Saturday morning shift is beyond me. Welp, it all got better when I saw an Asian kid (I promise I am not racist, it just adds details so you can imagine this scenario better) walking in with swords. He had THREE of them. So he isn't allowed to bring them into the library of course, so Jared, my coworker, takes them to the back. Also, might I add, this guy is carrying a pumpkin. So Jared asks what he was doing with that pumpkin. The guy answers, "To kill it."

This is how Jared imagines it (and I quote): 

"I can just imagine him, holding the sword high above his head, screaming, 'Death to you, evil pumpkin!' and just going at it. Then finishing with, 'That is for justice.'"

poor pumpkin. soon to meet his end.


2 comments: