Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fight for Freedom

Well, for those of you who know me, you know that I can be very passionate about things, especially when I have a strong opinion about something. That part of me was a lot more prominent in High School when I felt that I had to stand up for myself and for what I believe in. But as I have come out here, I feel a little more out of the loop with the news and politics. However, lately as I have started working, I have found myself on different news websites. One story I found a couple weeks ago just made me so mad. I couldn't believe it. A church was protesting at a soldiers funeral. The Supreme Court ruled that it was okay because it was their freedom of speech. I agree with our freedoms of course, especially freedom of speech, but that to me was so morally wrong. People have died for us to have our freedoms. This was very ironic and sad. My condolences go out to the family who had to deal with not only the death of their son, but also these protests.

Anyways, I won't go on about how mad it made me. There's too much bad and sad things going on in the world right now. I am grateful to be who I am...an American, a Latter-day Saint, a daughter, a sister and a friend. I am grateful to have those freedoms we all enjoy and for those who fight to keep it that way.

Norman Rockwell's famous Four Freedoms
Jasper John's Flag

go check out those four paintings at the MOA. They have a great exhibit called At War!

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. And, lovely post. A life without passion? Psshhh... who needs it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story is crazy! I agree with you, that is so sad! Your passion is one of the things I love about you!! :)

    ReplyDelete