Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Serve

One of my favorite quotes is "What do we live for if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?"

I mean isn't that why we are here...to learn to love and serve others? We should constantly be serving others, but it doesn't happen. I know I don't do it enough and especially lately I have just been feeling sorry for myself (I don't really have a reason.) I  heard a saying or a quote about when we are feeling lonely that means we need to be in the service of others. Christmas time inspires so many to be more selfless and serve. Some the opposite. But I want to try and be better and do it all year round. So yeah, when I am feeling lonely, I want to try and remember that saying...SERVE OTHERS. We just want our own lives to be easy, but if we all helped each other make life less difficult, wouldn't it be easier that way? I feel that this brings us the most true happiness. Thanks to all of you who have done service for me and made my life less difficult.

Also, I cannot believe a year ago I was in Ukraine, helping these little kiddos learn English. Although it was a hard and very difficult time, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It took awhile, but I ended up loving these little Ukrainian children dearly. When you learn to serve through love and kindness, it makes the experience so much more valuable.





              Sasha. This boy is my favorite. My Sashka.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new title!! Haha, very fun. You're right, serving others really does make us happier and have the spirit of Christ with us- I am going to try and serve more to!
    Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie. :)

    love this.
    love you.
    so glad we did the whole ukrainian thing
    so glad you were in my group.
    and you are so so so deeply right about the service thing. :)

    ReplyDelete