Monday, May 9, 2011

Lucky

I remember one day while walking with my Dad somewhere, can't really remember where or what we were doing, but I do remember what he said. It was something that I will always remember and definitely hit me hard that day. We saw a man, I can't completely remember what infirmity or disease or handicap he had, but my Dad just said, "When you think you are having a hard time in life, just remember that man." It reminded me also of a man I saw once in Ukraine. Very skinny, hunched over and could barely walk. He carried his groceries across the street and I'm sure he had to walk for miles. Then just the other day I saw a young boy in the mall with burns all over his face and arms. I remembered what my dad said. All of these people seemed content, humble and happy with their lives. I realized how LUCKY I really am. I can walk, I can see, I can hear, I am healthy, my parents are Healthy and both here. The list could go on. I will never forget that and I hope I can see more outside myself and not worry about one bad day.




HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my Mom!!! Love you. Thanks for all you do. You've made me who I am today and I couldn't be happier to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment