Wednesday, January 23, 2013

pancakes and memories

This semester I am taking an oral communications class. I already really like it. We are asked to give speeches every class period, usually only about a minute to a minute and a half at most. This week our teacher wanted us to speak about our favorite dish. This was somewhat hard for me because I really just like any food! I love trying new dishes, food from different cultures, and plates with lots of flavors. However, when I really thought about it, I thought about pancakes. yup, pancakes. Specifically, applesauce cinnamon pancakes. They remind me of my weekend mornings with my dad. I would sit on the counter while he made pancakes for all of us, and he would specially make those applesauce cinnamon ones for him and me. We were the only ones who liked them.  It is such a simple dish and a simple memory but one that I will always cherish.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE PANCAKES AND NEVER EAT THEM. lets have a pancake party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UM OKAY! :) p.s. we missed our phone date :(

      Delete